Saturday 30 October 2010

Book Blogger Hop and Coming Soon 30/10/10

The Book Blogger Hop
Hosted by Jennifer of Crazy for Books

Book Blogger Hop

This week I have come late to the Book Blogger Hop, as I spent all of yesterday taking a day out from everyday life and the world of the internet, and made a day trip up to London. Luckily the Hop lasts all weekend, and so here I am, fashionably late, glamorous and gorgeous, with a contribution of wine and nibbles.

This week's question:

"What is the one bookish thing you would love to have, no matter the cost?"
That's not an easy question to answer, because other than books themselves, what else do I need? More shelves would be great, but I live in a smallish and rather cluttered house, so where would I put them? Anything else would be superfluous, really. But what I could do with is more time.

If only I could have two parallel existences at once: one in which I was living: working, travelling, doing my hobbies, spending time with friends, watching TV, etc. And one in which I need do nothing but read.

What I need is a time machine.


That way I can live each week twice, once for living, once for reading. Maybe that way I'd get through enough books to satisfy me.

What I really need is the TARDIS.


Not only does it travel in time, but it is bigger on the inside than the outside - so there would be plenty of space to store my books. And we know it has a library, because that is where the swimming pool is.

Coming Soon

After being very well-behaved last week, I overcompensated this week and splashed out on lots of lovely new books. I ordered a favourite book from my teens, True Believer by Virginia Euwer Wolff and its prequel, Make Lemonade, which I never actually read. And on my trip to London, I found myself in the amazing Foyle's bookshop on Charing Cross Road. I came home with Pink by Lili Wilkinson, Diamond Star Halo by Tiffany Murray and Malorie Blackman's newest: Boys Don't Cry. Finally, I have bought a copy of Dawn French's first novel: A Tiny Bit Marvellous, which I expect to have me crying with laughter.

I finished reading Hush, Hush on the train up to London, and read Pink on the train down, so expect reviews of these later.


7 comments:

  1. Love the tardis idea. read a book then go back and get the groceries!
    I blog on contemporary fantasy, PNR, UF YA or Adult. Isle of Wight has also been one of those fascinating places we learned about in school with clouds of mystery all about. Now following you.

    Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    email: steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com
    twitter: @fangswandsfairy
    CONTEST: http://tinyurl.com/23b5ug2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the hop to say hi. I'm a new follower.

    Have a nice weekend.


    http://librarymosaic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. more TIME. you are a genius.

    and a Tardis? complete with a Doctor who is looking for a new companion? you are a genius again!!

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your answer! I think that with my ever-growing pile of TBR, I could often do with more time to get through them all! Thanks for stopping by my blog this hop. Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just hoppin' on by to say "Hi!" I could use a time machine def.
    I'm your newest follower.
    Have a fangtastic Halloween weekend!

    http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping by from the hop to say hi. Hope you have a great Sunday.

    thebookbee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm going to have to investigate more info about a TARDIS. Great answers vs the standard need more bookshelf space LOL. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete

Come and say hello! I don't bite (well, except at the full moon...)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...