Friday 8 October 2010

Book Blogger Hop and Coming Soon

The Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop

As I understand it, the Book Blogger Hop is an excuse to read lots of new blogs and book reviews. Suits me! The Hop is the brainchild of Jennifer at Crazy For Books, who has a lovely long list of sites to go and visit, and together we bloggers mingle and debate the great questions that have haunted writers and readers since time began. This week's question is:

What's your favorite beverage while reading or blogging, if any? Is it tea, coffee, water, a glass of wine, or something else?

Coffee, every time. Proper coffee, made in a cafetiere or french press, preferably from Whittard's of Chelsea, or some other place that will grind your coffee beans for your personal requirements. I use my blue Whittard's cappuccino cup and saucer that was a present from an ex-boyfriend, and team my coffee up with a couple of biscuits, my favourite being milk chocolate HobNobs.

Coming Soon

I am steadily working my way through my pile of teenage/YA library books, and have three more to go:

The Other Alice
Linger (sequel to Shiver)
Uglies

I'm currently reading Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book which was a birthday present from my sister Jenny - thanks Jen! I have also got onto Amazon and ordered a few titles which I have seen all over blogs lately.

The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
Twenty Boy Summer - Sarah Ockler
This was another book targetted by the Scroggins for removal from Missouri high schools, in the article which caused outrage, launched the Speak Loudly campaign against censorship, and prompted me to start my Teen Fiction October challenge to myself.

Mistress Pat by L. M. Montgomery. I haven't reread the Anne of Green Gables series this year, and intend to call November L.M. Montgomery month.

I also have my eye on Cross Stitch (Outlander in the US) by Diana Gabaldon, of which I have seen many mentions recently, and which has piqued my curiosity.

11 comments:

  1. Hi, I am here from the Hop! Proper coffee and biscuits sound divine. Your blog looks wonderful. I would like to become a follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic blog! I loved your post on LoTR. I'll be sure to keep visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy a cold Dr. Pepper or hot chocolate while reading or blogging!! I am a follower come check out my blog and follow me http://inthe-outhouse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I am stoppping in from the Friday Blog hop... nice blog! I am a new follower... oh and I like a HOT drink while I'm reading or blogging! Check out my blog and follow back if you want!
    Pris
    www.benterudbookshelf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thanks for hopping by my blog! You have a lovely layout :) The colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katie! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I'm interested to see what you think of the books you're currently reading (or will be reading soon)!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katie! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today...I'm following you now, and I look forward to your forthcoming reviews and thoughts...especially on Twenty Boy Summer, which I read just a couple of weeks ago :)

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi - would love the biscuits with my sweet tea! check us out when you can

    seducedbybooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey thanks for hopping by and also for explaining what squash is to everyone, I wonder if there's a US equivalent! Im a new follower- enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy HOP! Thanks so much for visting this week. I'm a huge drinker during the day but need the help of a diet soda at night to keep awake. I'm following you back and I'll be back to keep looking around :D

    Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there!!(: I'm a new follower from the hop. Linger and the whole Uglies series are fantastic, I'm sure you will love them.
    I would appreciate it if you stopped by my blog!
    Angela Z
    http://thebookbuzzer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Come and say hello! I don't bite (well, except at the full moon...)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...